Thank you for visiting our website. We take the protection of your private data very seriously and would like you to feel secure and at ease visiting our website.
When visiting our homepage we consider it as very important to protect your personal data when collecting the data, processing and using it. Your data is protected according to the requirements of the legal provisions. Please find below some information indicating which data is recorded during your visit on our website and how it is used. This data protection information is applicable for data processing orders carried out by
Responsible person at our organization.
Collection and storage of personal data as well as kind and purpose of use
- a) When visiting the website
When entering our website https://www.salt-marketing.ie the browser of your terminal device automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called logfile. The following information is automatically collected and stored until the automated deletion starts:
- IP address of the contacting computer
- date and time of the access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website allowing the access (referrer-URL),
- used browser and maybe the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
We process the above mentioned data for the following purposes:
- to guarantee a smooth connection to our website,
- to guarantee a comfortable use of our website,
- assessment of the system’s security and stability as well as
- for further administrative purposes.
- b) When registering for our newsletter
After you have given your explicit consent pursuant. We use your email address to send you our newsletter regularly. The indication of your email address is sufficient to receive our newsletter. The cancellation is possible at any time, e.g. through a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- c) When using our contact form
You can pose questions of any kind through our contact form which is available on our website. This requires the indication of your email address enabling us to know the sender of the email and to answer it. Further indications can be made voluntarily.
The collected personal data indicated on the contact form will be deleted automatically after your question has been answered.
Transfer of data
A transfer of personal data to third parties is not made for other purposes than indicated as follows. We only pass on your data to third parties when:
- you have given your explicit consent.
- the disclosure, is required for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and no reason is evident to have a predominantly legitimate interest of not disclosing your data.
- in case that, the transfer is required by a legal obligation as well.
- it is admissible by law and, pursuant to art required to process the contractual relationship with you.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right to:
- Enquire information about the processed personal data. You can especially enquire information about processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of receivers of your personal data the planned storage time, insisting on the right of correction, deletion, restriction of processing or contradiction, the right to complain, origin of your data as far as it was not collected by us as well as the existence of an atomized decision making including profiling and, if required, meaningful information on details;
- pursuant to Art, to enquire an immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored with us;
- pursuant to Art, to enquire the deletion of the stored personal data as far as the data processing is not required for exercising the right of free expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art, to insist on a restricted processing of the personal data as far as the correctness of the data is denied by you or the processing is unlawful. This also applies in case you refuse to have the data deleted and we are not in further need of them, but you need them for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or in case you have filed an objection against the processing.
- pursuant to Art, to receive your submitted data in a well-structured, common and machine-readable format or the request to have the data submitted to another responsible person
- pursuant to Art, to revoke your initial consent with us. As a consequence we are not allowed to execute the data processing based on this consent in the future
- pursuant to Art, to complain with the supervisory authority. As a rule, you can address to the supervisory authority of your usual abode or workplace or our association location.
Right of objection
As far as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art, you have the right to file an objection against processing your personal data as far as there are reasons arising from your special situation or the objection is directed against direct advertisements. In the latter case you have a common right to appeal which does not require a special situation. If you want to make use of your right of cancellation or right of objection an email to email@example.com is sufficient.
When visiting our website we use the wide-spread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption grade, depending on what your browser supports. We use adequate technical and organizational safety measures in order to protect your data from incidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access of third parties. Our precaution measures are continuously improved in accordance with the technological development.
Currency and changes of the privacy statement
This privacy statement is currently valid with status of Sep 2019. The development of our website could entail an adjustment of this privacy statement due to related offers or due to modified legal resp. official stipulations. You can retrieve and print the current privacy statement on our website at https://saltmarketing.ie/privacy-policy/ at any time.
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are executed on the basis of Art. We want to use the tracking measures to ensure that our website is designed in accordance with needs and is optimised on an ongoing basis. Secondly, we use tracking measures to statistically record usage of our website and evaluate this for the purpose of optimising the services we offer. These interests are to be considered legitimate in the meaning of the aforestated stipulations. The respective purposes of data processing and data categories can be found in the respective tracking tools.
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; referred to in the following as “Google”), to design our website in line with needs and to optimise our sites on an ongoing basis. In this connection, pseudonymised usage profiles are produced and cookies are used.
Information on your use of this website generated by the cookie such as
- the browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- the referrer URL (the previous site visited),
- the hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- the time of day when the server enquiry is made
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, compile reports on website activities and provide further services associated with the use of the website and Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet sites. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process are commissioned to do process this data. Under no circumstances will your IP address be combined with other data of Google. IP addresses are anonymised so that it is not possible to associate them with certain parties (IP masking). You can prevent installation of cookies by selecting appropriate settings on your browser software. We note, however, that this may prevent you from being able to fully use the functions of this website. You can furthermore prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as its processing of this data by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular with browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will then be placed to prevent your data from being collected when you visit this website in the future. The opt-out cookie only functions in this browser and only for your website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you have to place the opt-out cookie once again.
You will find additional information relating to data protection in connection with Google Analytics e.g. at Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
Social media plugin
Based on art. we insert social plugins of the social networks Facebook, Twitter and YouTube on our website with the aim to make our association known to the public. The connected advertising purpose has to be seen as legitimate interest in the sense of DSGVO (GDPR). The responsibility for a business in conformity with privacy has to be guaranteed by the particular service provider. The insertion of these plug-ins is made through the so-called two-click-method in order to give the visitors of our website a best possible protection.
- a) Twitter
Our internet pages contain plugins of the short messages network Twitter Inc. (Twitter). You recognize the Twitter plugins (tweet buttons) by means of the Twitter logo on our website. Please find below an overview of the tweet buttons:
(https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons). When visiting a page of our website containing such a plugin a direct connection between your browser and the server of Twitter is established. Twitter receives the information that you have visited our website with your IP address. When you click on the Twitter „tweet button“ while being logged in your Twitter account you can link the contents of our pages on your Twitter profile. This enables Twitter to allocate the visit on our pages to your user account. We point out that we as service provider do not acquire knowledge of the contents of the transferred data as well as their usage through Twitter.
If you do not want Twitter to allocate the visit on our website please log out of your Twitter user account.
Please find further information in the privacy statement of Twitter (https://twitter.com/privacy).
- b) Instagram
So-called social plugins (“plugins”) of Instagram, which is operated by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Instagram”), are used on our website. The plug-ins are marked with an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an “Instagram camera”.
When you call up a site on our website that contains such a plugin, your browser sets up a direct connection with Instagram servers. Instagram then transmits the content of the plugin directly to your browser and integrates in into the site. This integration informs Instagram that your browser has called up the respective site of our web presence, even if you do not have any Instagram profile or are not currently logged on to Instagram. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to an Instagram server in the USA and stored there. if you are logged into Instagram, it can directly associate your visit to our website with your Instagram account. If you interact with plugins, for example by activating the “Instagram” button, this information is also transmitted directly to an Instagram server and stored there. The information is also published on your Instagram account and displayed to your contacts. If you do not want Instagram to associate the data collected via our website directly with your Instagram account, you must log out of Instagram before visiting our website.
You will find additional information on this in Instagram’s Data Protection Declaration (https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388).
- c) LinkedIn
Our website uses social media plugins from LinkedIn Ireland U.C., Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland to personalise their use. For this purpose, we use the “SHARE” button. The plugins are marked with a LinkedIn logo, for example in the form of an “in” in an underlying square. This is a service offered by LinkedIn. When you access a site on our web presence that contains such a plugin, your browser sets up a direct connection with the LinkedIn servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by LinkedIn directly to your browser and integrated into the website by it.
By integrating the plugins, LinkedIn is informed that your browser has called up the respective site on our website, even if you do not have a LinkedIn account or are not currently logged into LinkedIn. This information (including your IP address, your proxy server, your browser, your add-ons, your device identification and the functions of your Internet service provider or mobile network operator including location identification) is transmitted directly from your browser to a LinkedIn server in the USA and outside the USA and stored there.
If you are logged into LinkedIn, LinkedIn can directly assign your visit to our website to your LinkedIn account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by pushing the “SHARE” button, the respective information is also transmitted directly to a LinkedIn server and stored there. The information is also published on LinkedIn and displayed to your LinkedIn contacts.
LinkedIn may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and to design the LinkedIn sites to meet needs. For this purpose, LinkedIn creates usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to analyse your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on LinkedIn, to inform other LinkedIn users about your activities on our website and to render additional services associated with the use of LinkedIn.
If you do not want LinkedIn to associate the data collected via our website with your LinkedIn account, you have to log out of LinkedIn before visiting our website. The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of your data by LinkedIn as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy in this context can be found in LinkedIn’s data protection policy.
Updated on Sep 2019